Colombia this Friday added 420 deaths by coronavirus, the fourth day in a row with more than 400 deaths; in addition to 19,925 new infections, accumulating 2,740,544 infections and 70,446 fatalities, according to the Ministry of Health.
A situation that occurs at a time when the hospital networks of its main cities are collapsed due to the high occupancy of intensive care units and the increase in positive cases.
LOOK: Everything you need to know about the latest news from Colombia
The deaths, of which 382 occurred in previous days, were registered mainly in Antioquia (121), Bogotá (81), Atlántico (79), Valle del Cauca (26), Magdalena (18), Cundinamarca (12) and La Guajira (eleven).
- How Medellín went from being a model city in the management of the coronavirus to experiencing a tragedy
- The president of Colombia authorizes the private sector to purchase vaccines against the coronavirus
- The “secret” of Campohermoso, the people of Colombia that remains free of coronavirus | PHOTOS
On this day, the Ministry of Health reported 4,686 infections in Bogotá, a city that was followed in numbers by the departments of Antioquia (3,518), Atlántico (3,300), Valle del Cauca (1,178), Cundinamarca (902) and Cesar (677) .
The highest number of deaths, of which 363 occurred in previous days, was in Antioquia (115), Atlántico (90), Bogotá (57), Valle del Cauca (43) and Magdalena (26).
In Colombia, 105,254 cases remain active, 3.84% of the total, and 2,555,619 have been reported as recovered, corresponding to 93.25%.
The regions that accumulate the most infections continue to be Bogotá, the main focus of the pandemic, with 758,895, Antioquia (450,099), Valle del Cauca (229,982), Atlántico (218,229), Cundinamarca (121,396) and Santander (100,313).
In the last 24 hours, Colombia applied 93,651 vaccines against the coronavirus and totals 4,224,659 doses administered, of which 1,320,251 people have received the complete scheme with two serums.
This Friday, 98,921 samples were processed in the country, 58,564 of them PCR and 40,357 antigens, for a total of 14.23 million tests performed.
What is the coronavirus that emerged in China and how is it transmitted?
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- They arrest 30 soldiers accused of forced disappearance in Mexico
- Colombia: Relatives break into hospital and “steal” body of a patient killed by coronavirus | VIDEO
- “Poverty in Ecuador has increased alarmingly”: 4 urgent challenges that Guillermo Lasso must face
- Japan decides to dump processed water from the Fukushima nuclear power plant into the Pacific
- The shocking moment when a drug dealer kills a policeman at a traffic control