Fresh from his Cancun getaway and muddled Dr. Seuss tweet, Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) was a dick again this week, Seth Meyers said on Thursday.
In fact, he’s the “Steph Curry of being a giant dick; he never misses a shot,” the “Late Night With Seth Meyers” said.
This time it was Cruz’s arrogant denial of a reporter’s request on Wednesday to wear a mask while he was speaking to journalists.
“All of us have been immunized,” said Cruz as he gestured toward his colleagues.
“CDC guidance is what we’re following,” Cruz added.
Reporters haven’t been vaccinated and a quarter of the members of Congress have refused the vaccinations. Cruz was also not following guidelines by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which recommends that people who’ve been vaccinated still wear masks and practice social distancing in public.
Meyers wasn’t finished coming up with dicks; he next turned to Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who was verbally slapped down in a confrontation with Dr. Anthony Fauci. Then there was the Fox News lineup.
Check it out in the video clip above.
A HuffPost Guide To Coronavirus
- Is it safe to see people who have gotten the coronavirus vaccine?
- What it means if your partner tests positive for COVID-19 but you don’t.
- How worried should you be about the new strains of coronavirus?
- The unexpected challenges of co-parenting during a pandemic.
- 19 things we took for granted pre-pandemic but now miss.
- Find all that and more on our coronavirus hub page.